If you are planning to travel abroad and you wish to receive travel health advice at the surgery please note:
- You will need to collect a pre-travel questionnaire 6-8 weeks before you travel from Reception or you can download and print
- Please provide as much information as you can on the form, including the region of travel, type of accommodation and the purpose of your trip
- Please return your completed questionnaire to Reception. Once received the Nurse will then assess which vaccinations are needed and whether you need malaria tablets; you will also be offered general travel advice. Please note this will take at least a week and possibly longer in busy periods.
- Please remember it is your responsibility to contact the surgery to check that the form has been processed and whether you need to make an appointment to see the nurse for vaccinations. The Surgery will not call you.
- The Surgery is not able to offer all travel vaccinations as not all are available on the NHS. If the vaccination you require is not available you will need to visit a private travel clinic.
There are many websites offering useful advice regarding how you can prepare yourself for a safe and healthy trip. Please take the time to look at them, eg
The Foreign Office website www.fco.gov.uk
Fit for Travel website www.fitfortravel.nhs.uk
National Travel Health Network and Centre website www.nathnac.net
Due to a national shortage we are currently unavailable to source any Hepatitis A vaccine. Should you need this, you will need to visit a travel clinic, who, we understand, are able to source vaccines.
There is further information about countries and vaccinations required on the links below:
|Europe & Russia||North America|
|Central America||South America|
|Middle East||Central Asia|
|East Asia||Australasia and Pacific|
It is important to make the initial appointment as early as possible - at least 6 weeks before you travel - as a second appointment will be required with the practice nurse to actually receive the vaccinations. These vaccines have to be ordered as they are not a stock vaccine. Your second appointment needs to be at least 2 weeks before you travel to allow the vaccines to work.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.